One Hundred Sophomore Year Manifestations

Since everyone is leaving (except for me, of course) here's a list of things that I am *putting out there* into the universe.
  • I will be happy. 
  • I will surround myself with people who make me happy.
  • I will stand up for what I believe in. 
  • I will get the job. 
  • I will excel in my classes.
  • I will ask for help if I need it. 
  • I will find my people. 
  • I will discover myself. 
  • I will push myself to my limits.
  • I will think about the future. 
  • I will forgive myself. 
  • I will plan a trip. 
  • I will be decisive.
  • I will be proud of myself.
  • I will have fun. 
  • I will keep my apartment clean. 
  • I will buy clothes that I will wear.
  • I will write. 
  • I will make something of myself. 
  • I will be good to the people around me. 
  • I will be a better listener. 
  • I will join things that make me happy. 
  • I will keep in contact with the people I want in my life. 
  • I will find new music. 
  • I will go to concerts. 
  • I will stand up for myself. 
  • I will try new things.
  • I will decorate and redecorate when that gets old. 
  • I will go out. 
  • I will make plans.
  • I will be proactive.
  • I will see my neighborhood. 
  • I will see beyond my neighborhood.
  • I will make my life larger than myself. 
  • I will be a part of a community. 
  • I will help others. 
  • I will study. 
  • I will put myself out there––even if it's uncomfortable. 
  • I will eat good food.
  • I will exercise. 
  • I will be creative. 
  • I will do things just for fun, especially if I'm bad at them. 
  • I will go outside. 
  • I will let the sunshine in.
  • I will get up early (sometimes). 
  • I will accept the bad days.
  • I will relish the good days. 
  • I will not get pinkeye.
  • I will not get the flu. 
  • I will not get any other weird disease that will inhibit my ability to function.
  • I will take hundreds of pictures. 
  • I will celebrate my birthday in the way it's meant to be celebrated.
  • I will journal. 
  • I will let go of meaningless anxiety.
  • I will embrace the challenges that this year brings. 
  • I will be brave. 
  • I will speak. 
  • I will also shut up. 
  • I will laugh and laugh and laugh. 
  • I will be empathetic toward others. 
  • I will see good movies.
  • I will see movies so bad they're good. 
  • I will be politically engaged.
  • I will stop making excuses. 
  • I will not get lost in the monotony of school. 
  • I will not succumb to Seattle weather. 
  • I will give compliments.
  • I will receive compliments. Gracefully.
  • I will learn things that will change my life. 
  • I will change my own life. 
  • I will get older. 
  • I will change.
  • I will accept that change.
  • I will accept that some things take time.
  • I will push for the things that cannot take time.
  • I will read. 
  • I will save my money. 
  • I will spend my money on something fun. 
  • I will go to the beach, even a Seattle one will do. 
  • I will keep my promises.
  • I will trust those around me. 
  • I will be around people who are deserving of that trust. 
  • I will do the things I always talk about doing but never do. 
  • I will rest, but not too much. 
  • I will create structure in my own life. 
  • I will enjoy the chaos that still inevitably exists. 
  • I will say yes to things. 
  • I will be confident in my own abilities.
  • I will make an impact.
  • I with further my career and my creative passions.
  • I will not let rejection define how I see myself.
  • I will not hold my word as the word of God.
  • I will be presented with great opportunities.
  • I will give and receive love.
  • I will be reflective.
  • I will be noticed.
  • I will be praised.
  • I will be inspired.
  • I will be better than I ever have been before.
  • I will get through it all, whatever it is. 

Comments